Management of Portfolios course MoP
The Management of Portfolios course (or MoP®) is an industry recognised qualification. This course is a valuable step towards giving you the knowledge and awareness of all key elements of best practice project management.
To be successful, organisations must evolve and this means improving how they run their business on a daily basis (business as usual), and adapting to emerging demands and expectations.
Portfolio Management helps organisations make decisions about implementing the right changes to business as usual; those changes are typically delivered via projects and programmes.
The Management of Portfolios course (MoP®) approaches the management of projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint. It provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made, and what the impact is on business as usual and the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Improved strategic contribution – more of the ‘right’ projects are undertaken
- Removal of redundant, duplicate and low or no value-adding projects and programmes
- More effective implementation of projects and programmes via management of constraints, risks and dependencies
- More efficient utilisation of scarce resources
- Improved accountability and corporate governance.