01 Jan APMG-International Managing Benefits Foundation and Practitioner
This workshop, based on the APMG International’s Managing Benefits™, focuses on the management of benefits from change initiatives that are delivered via formalised project and programme management methods. Collectively these initiatives form the organisation’s change portfolio. It builds on existing best practices in portfolio, programme and project management.
It provides managers and practitioners from multiple disciplines, with generally applicable guidance encompassing benefits management principles, practices and techniques.
Benefits Management is a concept that many organisations today struggle with. Who should be accountable for benefits, including their realisation? Often benefits are seen as the domain of project management. It is not usually during the project that benefits are realised – generally it is after the project has been delivered, once the deliverables of that project have been embedded into the business and operational use that we hope to see benefits accruing.
The course makes sure that you are sufficiently familiar with Managing Benefits principles, as well as how to apply benefits management at a portfolio level, programme and project level. It also covers the five practices of the benefits management cycle. Note: There are two levels of accreditation: foundation and practitioner. This course covers both the syllabuses.
The APMG International Managing Benefits and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
- An overview of benefits management – what it is, the case for doing it, and some common misconceptions that can limit its effectiveness in practice.
- Definitions, scope and objectives of benefits management, barriers to its effective practice, and the key success characteristics
- The practices contained within the benefits management cycle and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- The key roles and responsibilities for benefits management
- The typical contents of the main benefits management documentation
- Descriptions of the seven principles upon which successful approaches to benefits management are built, and examples of how they can be/have been applied in practice.
- APMG-International Managing Benefits™ Foundation and Practitioner Course Outline
- Guidance on how to apply benefits management at a portfolio level, as well as at an individual project or programme level.